Friday, September 6, 2013

Second Trimester!

Baby, fetus at 13 weeks - BabyCenter
How far along: 13 weeks

How big is baby: about 3 inches long!

Total weight gain: I'm actually down about 1.5 lbs since the positive pregnancy test

Maternity clothes: Thankfully I've picked up a few more pieces but am going to have to transition to bigger tops shortly.

Sleep: is going much better :)

*Worst* Moment of the Week: (yes I know I'm changing this from the Best):
I woke up to bleeding Saturday morning which prompted a quick call to my OB's office. The nurse on call there said to take it easy and if it continues or I start cramping to go to ER. We were going to go relax at a friend's over a bonfire so I decided that was about as much relaxing as I would do at home anyway so I began the 45 minute drive. Not even 10 minutes in I started having some very painful cramping and decided it was best to turn around and visit the ER. After turning around they got so painful that I couldn't drive any longer and had to pull over on the side of the highway for a switcheroo. We got to the ER and were ushered to the back pretty quickly. From there I was quickly taken to ultrasound where my fears were relieved upon seeing the little one just wiggling all over the place, measuring on track and had a healthy heartrate of 157. I quickly texted J&L who were very optimistic and told me not to worry that everything would be ok. I am soooo thankful for J&L!!!!! They are so awesome and are going to make such wonderful parents!

Food cravings: still a lot of fruit and some pasta lately

Food aversions: still the same with the meat.

Symptoms: I've had a few headaches here and there but for the most part, aside from my sinus infection and horrible cough, I don't have much to complain about on the pregnancy front.

Movement: nothing I'm 100% sure of yet.

Gender: I'm still leaning towards girl. The symptoms have been a bit different than with my pregnancies with my sons and I feel like I'm carrying differently as well. Only time will tell!

What I'm looking forward to: Our long, relaxing weekend at the cabin! I even bought a new fishing pole that I'm really excited to use. Hopefully I'll catch more fish than my husband. hehe

What I miss: My 'skinny' clothes. lmao! I have one pair of non-maternity 'fat pants' that still fit but I'm sure that won't last long. My belly is now starting to push my shirts up so before to long I'll have to buy maternity ones so it's not hanging out at the bottom. lol

Next appointment: OB visit on September 11



13 week belly picture :)

6 comments:

  1. WOW just saw the belly - its so emotional. That's our baby. Loving the baby and Ramona so much right now. I just want to hug the both of them.
    Have just bought some booties. They're so cute.
    Will send a picture.
    lol
    x
    J & L
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUGS! to everyone and a special little prayer over you all as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Carrie! Same back. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Is it the 2nd trimester already????? So scary about the bleeding, but glad all is ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! Crazy, isn't it? It's amazing how fast it's going. I just realized today that if the first transfer would have been successful we would be delivering soon. And really we're almost 1/2 way already! I hope it slows down a bit (although I'm sure I'll take that back later on). lol

      Delete