Monday, September 23, 2013

40 PERCENT!!!


Baby, fetus at 16 weeks - BabyCenter
How far along: 16 weeks which is 40% of the way through!! Already! Can you believe it?!

How big is baby: about the size of an avocado or around 4 1/2 inches and 3 1/2 ounces!

Total weight gain: I hope you don't mind me not keeping track every week. Stepping on the scale every 4 weeks is fine with me :)

Maternity clothes: I purchased some more bottoms this last week and am slowly realizing I need to purchase more tops too. The one I'm wearing below is not maternity but you can see how short it is becoming with this belly protruding more and more.

Sleep: doing good! :)

Best moment of the week: Baby is being a bit stubborn when it comes to the doppler. It is amazing that he/she is big enough now to kick the doppler and move away from it. However I think I tired him/her out last night trying to get an actual number because I was finally able to and it was 169. So baby's heartbeat is pretty stable in the 160s over the past few weeks.

Food cravings: any breakfast foods, except eggs, so slimy eggs please.

Food aversions: meat, meat, meat. I wish I could get over that because that steak my husband ate a few nights ago was calling my name I just couldn't get my stomach or gag reflex wrapped around the idea.

Symptoms: a bit of nausea here and there, headaches seem to be coming more frequently. I am thankful that they seemed to diminish in the first trimester. I had enough other symptoms to enjoy not having my usual headaches on top of it.

Movement: I am confident in saying that I am feeling this little one move around! Especially over the weekend when my youngest fell asleep and laid his head on my belly and I could feel the baby kicking at him. lol

Gender: only a little over 4 more weeks til the big ultrasound!!

What I'm looking forward to: the 20 week scan and this little one giving strong enough kicks for me to record and send to his/her mommy and daddy!

Next appointment: 18 week OB visit on October 9, then 20 week anatomy scan on October 23


 
16 week belly

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Looking great!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if we're going to have a vegetarian on our hands..ha ha..!?
    J&L
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I was thinking the same thing! although I am hoping the aversion goes away. :)

      Delete