Friday, June 14, 2013

This Week's Update & Next Steps

I had bloodwork done on Wednesday and my last local monitoring ultrasound done yesterday to monitor progress. Bloodwork all came back ok and I was initially worried because the ultrasound showed my lining actually decreased to 6.5 from 8.1 instead of getting thicker. I was very surprised and worried.
The RE at the clinic in Connecticut reviewed the lab results and ultrasound images and feels everything is fine. I am not changing my med protocol and we're still moving forward.
I will begin vaginal suppositories of Crinone (progesterone) on Monday to prepare for transfer #3!!

We fly out on Wednesday and I'll have a final monitoring appointment at the clinic on Thursday.
I've also been told they are going to do an "endometrial activation" prior to transfer. It is basically a scratching/biopsy of the lining of my uterus which is believed to increase implantation rates 50%! I'm willing to give it a try (although I'm trying not to read too much of the info on the internet as it doesn't sound too comfortable). The procedure will not be tested, it is just for the purposes of helping with implantation.

One person said "You have to till the soil before you plant a flower", and that makes total sense to me.
This method is not proven, but has high correlation in multiple studies that have been done. So I'm excited to see if it works!

I'm actually a lot calmer this time around....it just feels like I have nothing to worry about. I believe it is going to be successful. The hardest part is going to be waiting to find out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment