We're nearing the BIG DAY!!!
I hope the little guy decides to hang out with me for at least another 2 weeks though.
On January 30th around 5-6pm I started having contractions about 4-5 minutes apart. They weren't painful and I wasn't really timing them that much until they started getting a bit more intense and then when I started timing them they were 2.5-3 minutes apart and regular, unlike they had ever been before. I called the OB on call and was told it was probably a pretty good idea we go in even though they weren't really painful.
When I got there and was checked I was 1cm and 40% effaced but was reassured that was normal for where I was in the pregnancy. I was monitored for about 3 hours and with no cervical change I was sent home.
My next OB visit wasn't supposed to be until February 11th and frankly I just didn't feel comfortable waiting that long to see my OB (my OB wasn't the one on call the night I went in to L&D). I made an appointment for February 4th (35 weeks) to keep on schedule with the rest of my Tuesday appointments.
Of course we had a 'no travel advisory' issued yesterday due to an oncoming winter weather advisory. My appointment wasn't supposed to be until 4pm however I called in and was told I could come in whenever to make sure I was seen. I went around 11am. It had just started snowing lightly. I had a bit of a wait since it was unscheduled but was still in and out within 45 minutes. And in that 45 minutes the roads were completely covered with snow.
So the Progress......I am now 3cm and 80% effaced. What does that mean?? Well, only the little guy knows, but it could mean delivery in as little as a few days to a few weeks. I now have weekly appointments every Tuesday and my OB will monitor any further cervical change. We've temporarily scheduled an induction for March 4th should I still be pregnant then and we decide that is the route we want to take. I don't foresee me still being pregnant a month from now, but only time will tell.
My blood pressure is still doing good. Weight gain is at 15.4 lbs. Next appointment is Tuesday, February 11th (36 weeks).
35 weeks!
Ramona is doing such a great job - everyone says so - she makes it seem easy to be pregnant with all the stresses and strains involved.
ReplyDeleteHere's hoping the weather doesn't get any worse though as this could make a rush to the hospital delivery room a little scarier than it should be.
J&L