Saturday, May 11, 2013

What's Next?

Last cycle we were all very optimistic. We transferred 3 embryos and everything was looking better than the first cycle had. My lining was thicker, my hormone levels were higher, and the embryos were looking great.
However we were let down again with the news of yet another negative cycle :(  The unknowns in surrogacy can really get you down.

J&L had really hoped that would be their last cycle and we would be pregnant and not need any more embryos. I was praying for the same. There were 3 embryos left. J&L spoke with the Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE) and he determined the negative cycles are most likely due to the egg quality. He suggested J&L choose a new egg donor and continue with one final cycle.

I cannot even imagine the emotions that come with infertility, however I know that J&L have been extremely hopeful throughout the entire process and so strong through all of the negative cycles. They have experienced  many years of infertility, 5 total failed cycles (3 previously and our 2) and I just pray that this 3rd time for us is the charm.

That is where we are now. Once a new egg donor is chosen I will get a new calendar for our final cycle together. One of the good things about J&L choosing a new egg donor is that the RE has suggested they use eggs already frozen at the clinic so that will save them a lot of time from what would have been the selecting, contracting, cycling, retrieval, etc when starting from scratch with a new donor.
Also, I've been told all of the eggs frozen at the clinic they are selecting from have previous proven success!
That is huge in the surrogacy world and it makes me feel 100% more optimistic for our next cycle!

Thanks again for following and I will update again when I know more.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the moms, grandmothers, great-grandmothers, etc out there!

I pray that next year J&L will be celebrating their first ever Mother's & Father's Days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment