I start Lupron injections tomorrow! Eeek!
Here is a pic of all my meds (minus some extra syringes that I'll need later on).
I've been on the birth control pills for around 2 months now but will only have to stay on those until the 22nd of this month.
Starting tomorrow I will begin daily Lupron injections that I'll do for a month.
Lupron is a subcutaneous (just under
the skin)
injection with a small insulin-type needle that is used to shut down my bodies normal hormone production so the
doctors can
control my cycle and be sure my uterus is ready to
receive the
embryos at the exact time for the best chance of success. It shouldn't be too bad, but I've never had to give myself an injection
so I'm hoping it goes as well as all the YouTube videos I've watched.
lol
I have my baseline blood tests and ultrasound on December 26th and will start taking Estradiol three times a day that day as well.
I have to return for follow-up blood tests and ultrasounds on January 3rd and 10th to make sure my body is progressing the way it should be with the meds and getting geared up for the transfer.
If all is going well I will then stop the Lupron and begin the Progesterone doses three times a day.
Progesterone works by preparing the lining of my uterus to receive the fertilized eggs. This hormone is needed to maintain the pregnancy.
On January 16th we will make our trip to the IVF clinic in Connecticut to prepare for the transfer. I will have the final bloodwork and ultrasound done Thursday morning and the transfer on Friday, January 18th.
We will be doing a frozen transfer of two embryos. Most clinics transfer two embryos for the best chance of at least one taking. What a blessing it would be for the Intended Parents if both took!
Following the transfer I will have to stay off my feet and rest to give those embryos the best chance of sticking around. We sure hope they do!
A week after transfer I'll have bloodwork again to make sure my hormone levels are where they should be.
Then two weeks after transfer I'll have the HCG Bloodtest to confirm if we're pregnant and if the Intended Parents will soon have a baby/ies to get ready for <3

Praying everything goes well!
ReplyDelete